Saturday 12 March 2016

High-End Favourites- MAC, Estee Lauder, Benefit, Charlotte Tilbury

Hey!
In addition to my drugstore favourites post, it seemed fitting to follow it with my high-end favourites.

Starting off with foundation, it is no other than the cult Estee Lauder Double Wear. I have been using this foundation for over a year now and I couldn't be without it. It has the perfect coverage- medium but buildable, and it lasts the longest amount of time on my skin without having to powder (around 5 hours). I definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin looking for a long-lasting foundation.

I have tried so many concealers, but i keep coming back to the Mac Prolongwear. It is a medium-high coverage and lasts all day without creasing (if set with a powder). It doesn't feel cakey on the skin which I have found with others. The only thing I don't like about this concealer is the pump- it's so hard to push down so either nothing comes out or a big blob comes out at once. I don't know if I have a faulty pump or if they are all like this but it's so frustrating!

For powder, another favourite from MAC is the mineralize skinfinish. I have mine in the shade light plus and it's the perfect shade for my pale complexion. It's really finely milled and is a great setting powder for both under my eyes and over my foundation. It's annoyingly expensive considering how long it lasts, but it's definitely worth the money.

I own quite a few high-end blushes which I like, but if I had to choose my favourite it would be the Clinique Blush Pop in Peach Pop. It is quite sheer, but I think it provides the perfect amount of pigment to give a lovely pop of colour. It's not a shimmery or matte blush- it has a subtle sheen and leaves you with a gorgeous healthy glow.

A recent purchase I made was Benefit Hoola bronzer, but it has definitely made it into my high-end favourites. It's the perfect colour to act as both a bronzer and a contour shade- so perfect for travelling. It's also the perfect shade for my pale (and fake tanned) skin.

My favourite highlight HAS to be the RMS Living Luminizer. I found this on Beautybay when it was half price and I had seen Estee Lalonde talking about it in a video aages ago and I really wanted to try it. It is literally healthy skin in a pot. It provides the best glow the the skin- no glitter or sparkles, just dew. It works great on my oily skin and doesn't affect any of the foundation/powders applied underneath.

For eyebrows it is none other than the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow. Although mine has dried out a bit (I've had it for nearly a year now), it's still going strong! I have really sparse brows and this is the perfect product to fill them in, and also create a strong brow. I also own the Brow Definer which I do like for a quicker application, but the Dipbrow just has the edge.

I have an unnecessary amount of lipsticks in my collection, but MAC has to top them all. The consistency and lasting power of these lipsticks is amazing. And the colour selection is insane! My all time favourite is Faux- it was my first ever MAC purchase and still remains top of my list. It lasts for around 5 hours, even after eating and drinking, and it super creamy so doesn't dry your lips out.

Finally, one of my favourite purchases is the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk. This lipliner is a miracle. I don't have as bigger lips as i'd like, and this is the perfect way to fake them. It's so similar to my natural lip colour it doesn't look noticable that I have lipliner on, more like I have the perfect shaped lips. It's also great to apply underneath lipsticks as it makes them last so much longer.

Bit of a long one today- but thanks for reading! xo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment