Monday 23 March 2015

Review of MAC Pro Longwear Foundation- NC25

Hello again!

This is my third blog of today- I've recently just finished one of my final assignments so thought I'd indulge in some make-up reviews!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try a new fake tan recommended to me (Palmers cocoa butter gradual tan), and I realized I didn't actually have a foundation to match my skin tone after fake tanning. Basically it was just another excuse to buy more make up! After having recently experienced the joys of MAC lipsticks and concealer, I thought I ought to try their foundation. I read many reviews/watched youtube videos and decided that the foundation suited best to my skin was the Pro Longwear. I have oily skin with a few blemishes, and this seemed to promised a medium-buildable coverage and would last all day. 

The first time I tried it on, I used my Sigma F80 brush. I found that it was quite hard to blend as it set quite matte once on the skin. Nevertheless, i managed to apply it all over my face and I was very impressed! Despite never having been into a MAC store to test out my shade, I managed to get it spot on! NC is the yellow-toned end of the spectrum and NW is for those with pinker undertones. I did find that it clung a little to my eyebrows and hair line, but if applied with more precision, or a different tool (like the beauty blender), this wouldn't be an issue.

I wore this for work when i had a 5 hour shift, and there wasn't an ounce of shine! I did set it with a powder, but I think that even without a powder it wouldn't get oily. Unlike other foundations (like my Estee Lauder Double Wear), it didn't fade in certain areas of my face. I will definitely be getting more use out of this foundation and will review it after longer wear, but I am certainly very impressed!

I hope my review was helpful if you are looking to try a new foundation, and I would definitely recommend this!



Bethany xo

No comments:

Post a Comment