Thursday 24 March 2016

Skiing Skincare Essentials

Hey guys!

Considering I have a skiing trip coming up this weekend, I thought I'd write a post about what I pack in my toiletries bag. I always struggle knowing what to take with me, so hopefully it might be useful for someone else wondering what skincare items to take :)

For cleansing, I'm taking Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish for the mornings as this makes my skin super soft and smells amazing. For the evening I'm taking Pixi Nourishing Cleansing Balm- I've really been loving this balm lately, it's great for taking your makeup off and it leaves your skin feeling really nourished which is great for skiing as being in the mountains can really dry your skin out. Also for removing any makeup I'm taking my trusty Bioderma

For eye cream I'm taking The Emu Oil Well Eye Cream as this is super moisturising and I often find that my eyes get really dry when skiing.

As a toner, I'm taking Clarins Toning Lotion for Oily Skin- I find this really softens my skin. Although I have been using Pixi Glow Tonic previously, because of the acid it has in it, it's recommended not to use it when being exposed to the sun so i've had to stop using that for the time being.

For moisturiser I'm taking two- the La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat for the daytime, and Vichy Noraderm Nuit for the night. It seems only fitting to take French skincare products when travelling to France right? I'm also taking the Pixi Rose Oil Blend oil to put on at night as my skin often gets dry and dehydrated, especially after the flight, so this will hopefully put some of that essential moisture back in!

I don't often take face masks away with me, however i recently got the Balance Me Radiance Face Mask as a sample to try, and I've really been liking it. It's not like a normal mask- it feels more like smearing an exfoliator onto your skin, however it does leave a nice glow to the skin and I think it would work well when my skin is looking dull and dehydrated.

In terms of SPF, I'm taking the Vichy SPF50 Ideal Soleil Mattifying Face sun cream- I'm yet to try this yet but if it lives up to its claims and protects me from the sun whilst keeping my face matte then I'm onto a winner! Also, I'm taking the Piz Buin SPF30 Lip Balm as there's nothing worse than dry chapped lips.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment