Thursday 10 March 2016

Drugstore Favourites- Maybelline, Rimmel, Bourjois, Real Techniques

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey guys!

This week I thought I'd write a post about my favourite drugstore products (Boots and Superdrug if you live in the UK). As much as I love my high-end makeup, there are some absolute gems at the drugstore which are as good, if not better as their high-end alternatives!

Starting off with mascara. I bought the Maybelline Lash Sensational last year, and at first I wasn't so keen. I found it to smudge quite a lot so I'd often end up with panda eyes. However I persevered and I'm so glad I did. The more it dries out, the better it becomes! It gives both volume and length which i find really hard to get in a mascara. It's also super easy to remove (unlike the Loreal Telescopic which I LOVE but it's such a beast to remove).

Next is foundation. I own quite a lot of drugstore foundations, however this is definitely my favourite. I was quite skeptical at first because I have oily skin and I had read that this was better for drier skins. Saying that, I have found that it lasts a good 3-4 hours without having to powder! It gives such a gorgeous glow to the skin, so I tend to prefer wearing this in the summer. It also smells super fruity which is a bonus! I'd recommend this for both dry and oily skins as it's the best of both worlds!

My favourite powder of all time has to be the Gosh Prime 'n' Set. I discovered this through Missbudgetbeauty and I'm SO glad i bought it. It's the best oil control product I have ever tried. I don't use it every day, only on the days when I want my makeup to last, but it does such a great job. I've been using it for a while now and still have loads left, definitely worth the mere £9.99 that it costs. For all you oily skin gals out there, I couldn't recommend this powder enough!

In terms of highlight, I used to be obsessed with the Makeup Revolution radiant lights powder, up until Freedom came along. It's a super cheap makeup brand that is stocked at Superdrug. Again, another recommendation from Missbudgetbeauty. This is perfect for anyone looking for a subtle highlight, or wanting that 'healthy glow'. It's so finely milled so isn't glittery, just gives the perfect sheen. It's also super cheap at only £3!

The Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm was one of my first proper lipstick purchases back when I started getting into makeup. I bought it in the shade 'sultry' which is a deep mauvey berry colour, perfect for autumn and winter. It's super creamy upon application and because it's matte it lasts around 4 hours without having to top up. I have it in the shade 'elusive' too which is another favourite, reminds me of MAC 'please me', but at a fraction of the price.

Moving on to primer- this is a fairly recent discovery, but I've been using it for a few months now and I can definitely say I can notice a difference in terms of how long my makeup lasts and the oil control. With it being Soap and Glory it is on the higher end of the drugstore, but still affordable. It's not a silicone texture which I love because I find my makeup slides off with those kind of primers, but I find it to be quite moisturizing (without being greasy).

I first purchased one of the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows about 2 years ago, in the shade 'rose gold'. I wasn't completely sold on it though, it was a nice colour but i found it creased on my eyes after a few hours. Fairly recently they came out with matte versions, which i absolutely LOVE. I have them in the shades creme de rose and creme de nude. They are so creamy when you apply them and act as a great eyeshadow base or even on their own. I've never tried the MAC paintpots but have heard that they are great dupe of those.

I bought this bronzer on a whim last year as I saw it super cheap on Amazon (I think it was 2.99). It has since been my holy grail bronzer and all I ever used (up until the addition of Benefit Hoola). It's a great colour for my pale skin- not too warm or cool toned. It's applies really nicely and doesn't go patchy at all.

For lipliner there is one clear winner- Rimmel Exaggerate in Eastend Snob. I own them in a few different colours, but this is my favourite. It's the perfect 'my lips but better' (so cliche, i know), and lasts around 3 hours on the lips without having to top up. I always recommend this to people and got my family hooked on it. It's also a great dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk.

And finally, makeup brushes. I couldn't do a drugstore favourites without mentioning Real Techniques. They are some of the best brushes I own, and super affordable. It's so hard to pick a favourite out of them all, but I'd probably say the blush brush. I don't actually use it for blush, but bronzer. It's the perfect shape and size for applying an all over bronze and blending in any cheek products you have applied. It's super soft and washes really well. 


Thanks for reading :) 
xo












No comments:

Post a Comment