Monday 3 August 2015

My Fake Tanning Routine

Helloo!

Because I live up North in the UK, fake tanning has become a regular thing for me due to the lack of sun! Everyone has different preferences and products in their fake tanning routine, but here is mine-





I start off by exfoliating in the shower- either using a scrub (like the Garnier Body Tonic), or just soap and an exfoliating glove. This makes the tan go on much smoother as it scrubs away the layer of dead skin which can cause patchiness.

When i get out of the shower, if I have shaved my legs I will moisturize them using a fast-absorbing moisturizer (like the Garnier Intensive 7 Days). If not then I will just moisturize the dry areas of my skin- feet, elbows and knees. This stops the tan clinging to the dryer areas.

My favourite tan at the moment is Xen-Tan- dark lotion. This goes on like a thick lotion, and develops over night to a lovely rich olivey colour. I apply it with my hands, and scrub them afterwards as it leaves them rather dark! You can apply with a mitt or gloves, but I think that hands is the best way. When it comes out, it has a very strong scent of marzipan (which i like), and it the morning it does have a slight biscuit scent, however its not overpowering like other tans can be! 

For my face, I use Xen-Tan Face Tanner. This tan builds up a darker colour than all other face-tanners that i've used, and it goes perfectly with the dark lotion. It doesn't break me out like some tanners can do, which is a bonus!

Thanks for reading!
Bethany
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment